Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eureka Springs Rug Hooking Camp

This is a rug I hooked at the Eureka Springs Rug Hooking Camp last year with teacher Anita White.I never seem to get my pic when we have a camp going on.Tomorrow the ladies start coming in for the Eureka Springs Rug Hooking Summer Camp.The teacher will be Nola Heidbreder from St. Louis, Mo.
Nola is known for all the techniques she teaches. Looking to try something new? Nola loves to mix traditional rug hooking with mixed media. Nola is open to all size cuts. Creativity is taught and encouraged. Nola is a certified Mcgown instructor and the Region 8 Representative for ATHA. Nola has written several articles for Rug Hooking Magazine and ATHA. Her book,"Hook on Wool", featured many of her designs.
Nola likes to work with, and teach a verity of fiber arts including toothbrush rugs,broomstick rugs,wagon wheel rugs, shirring, locker hooking,proddy rugs,wool applique, knitting and crocheting and braiding.She loves working with recycled items to turn them into rugs, purses and wall hangings.
I will keep you posted on how things are going.We start class Thursday.I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Dana and Daisy said...

he looks ... frigid!
Hey I remembered to link you on my art blog today. You are definitely a cross-over blog. ha ha!

Tammy said...

Stunning rug you did a wonderful job hooking it!

coinguyslady said...

Tammy, Thanks for your kind words about my rug.He was fun to hook.