Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Visit to Dana and Steve's.....

This weekend Adam and I went to Dana of Cat in My Lap and her hubby Steve's home for a visit.We had a great time and we felt so welcome there.Dana feed us like Kings and Queens.The only downer of the weekend was that Daisy never showed herself all weekend.
We got there Friday night and dinner was waiting on us and the table looked beautiful.The next morning we awoke to find breakfast being cooked and then eating out side on the patio.Then we were off to a fiber show in Kellyville.After lots of shopping and a overload of wool we stopped and had lunch then we went to the Gilcrase Museum.WOW is all I can say about the museum.If you like Cowboy and Native American art it is a must see!!! Then it was back to their home for more great food.

Here is Dana and I with her oh-so-cute bike in her backyard.
This is her dry creek bed.I really loved this.

I wish you could have seen these in person.WoW


Now you can see Dana and I at our best....shopping for fiber.



This is what you call wool heaven.I came home with 2 pounds of roving and 2 bags of silk and one book.Dana can home with a new toy, but I am going to let her tell you about it.
I hope that some day Adam and I can make that trip again too make more memories.Thank you Dana and Steve for a great weekend.
Live Deeply and go make a new friend.
Vicki




2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Oh, I would love to have been there. I got some roving from a friend and then got the tools, so reading books and decided on what kind of projects I want to do with it. I like the idea of making painted pictures with it.

Debbie

Dana and Daisy said...

you guys are welcome anytime Vicki! We had such a good time with ya'll.

Next time we will do the shops in Jenks!