Sunday, January 3, 2016

What To Do With A New Year?

As I think of a new year, I have to look back at the last one. It has been one year that we have had the "Shoppes at Fleece and Flax" open. I have learned a lot about running a shop but I have oh so much to learn. At the start of this year I am taking over half of the shop so I need all the help I can get. Do you any "must does" in running a shop? What kind of things do you like to see when you walk into a fiber shop? Give me any input you would like.

Live Deeply,
Vicki

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I would love to visit your shop, love how you have all types in one place.
I always love seeing the world and fibers along with items made from them, that is what inspires me to buy so I can make them.

Debbie

marie said...

Move to Salem, Oregon! How I wish. It is wonderful that all those shops are under one roof. There is no hooking store in the whole state of Oregon. We have a few vendors (locals) who sell wool at the 3 hook-in held during the year, some of the people have to travel 50-100 miles to attend. So, what would I like, everything I would need to rug hook, linen, patterns, wool (off the bolt and hand dyed), smaller cut of wool for wool applique, Valdani threads in # 8 and #12, scissors, needles, Yarn to whip my rugs, and even some worms already cut in size #8. Guess I dream too much! Thanks for letting me have my say. Hopefully one day I can visit your shop. And most of all--blog often so we know what's going on in the rug hooking world.

coinguyslady said...

Thank you ladies for the input. Great ideas. Marie, I had not though of the already cut worms,would you want a big basket of them mixed together up tied up by color?